Sunday 17 May 2015

A bicycle trip

         After twelve days of raining, finally it brightened up. Dew is still glittering on the leafs, air is so clear and crispy. Smooth surface of the road simply encourages us to bestride a bicycle and go ahead. And so we do it.
         Three dusty bikes lie down in the shed. We aren’t familiar with chains, brakes and all its construction – pedals goes around, so we can start our trip. Traffic isn’t big, so we quickly leave the village and find ourselves on the straight road between the fields. Some single trees appears sometimes on the right or left side. There are a lot of different bicycle routes on Kashubia, but we didn’t thing about some concrete destination – we just ride. We simply want to discover places, where we haven’t been yet.

         About midday, we leave the main road and come into the forest. The path becomes bumpy and sandy – it’s not as easy to ride there. ,,Why don’t we eat our sandwiches?” – asks Lama. I litter down a blanket and we enjoy having a rest it the natural surroundings. We are full now, our eyes slowly close…
          Some buzzing mosquito wakes me up. I elbow Lama, we pack our stuff and start to continue our journey. Wood is huge and we are pretty tired of coming through all acclivities and dips, until we finally find ourselves on the road. And then… psss..! ,,Damn, my tire has been punched!” – I swore looking at my flat tire. - ,,What can we do now? 15km from home! I can’t ride!”. ,,Don’t panic” – she becalms me. - ,,Be happy, that it doesn’t rain!”.



         So we alight our bikes and wheel them till the village. ,,What an adventure!” – I claim, happy, that we arrived home. - ,,But the next time, I will check bikes properly”. ,,Yeeh, for sure… Let’s go swimming!” – shout Lama and we race each other until the lake.

_______________

photos comes from my own

No comments:

Post a Comment