Sunday 31 May 2015

Winter time - return to Kashubia

         During summer, I felt in love in Kashubia, and I promised myself then, that I will return here one day. Finally, I did it. It is January now. I’ve got my winter holidays and my uncle and aunt invited me (with my friend Lama) for one week.
         Winter is very frosty this year. It is well visible in the village: all the fields and trees are snow-covered. If the sun were shining, landscape would be really cute and rural! But sky is milk-white. We go for a walk to the forest. It looks like some fairy-tale land, with icicles glittering on the branches. Snow scrunches under ours foots, and it is the only sound around us.


         We gets to the edge of wood. Behind the trees is a lake. ,,Look, it has all frozen!” – claims Lama. She put cautiously one foot on the ice, covered by snow… ,,Be careful!” – I warn her, but one minute later, I walk on the ice too, seeing some fisherman sitting in the middle of the lake with fishing rod. ,,In the evening we can tip here some water, to obtain a little skating rink tomorrow” – I hit up on an idea. Ice is indeed very thick, on 15 centimeters, as I read in the local newspaper.


         When we come back home for a dinner, we’ve got blushing cheeks and we are really famished. Winter air whetted truly our appetites.
         This evening, uncle kindles wood in the fireplace. I feel blissful warmth, watching flames – it is something hypnotizing in them…
         I know one now: here, in Kashubia is my second home. And I will always coming back here…

___________
photos comes from my own

         

1 comment:

  1. As a proud Kashubian-American, I enjoy your blog very much!

    ReplyDelete